What are cookies and why do we use them?
• Enable the website to run as you’d expect
• Allow you to share items that you like on your social networks
• Measure visitor activity such as visitor levels, the pages that are visited most frequently, the devices that are used to access our site and learn how people find our site, all of which enable us to continually improve our site and in turn, your visitor experience!
• Store your personal information
• Pass on your information to third parties
The different types of cookies and what each one is used for:
• First Party: These are cookies set by us and only usable by us, and help keep the site running as you would expect, such as keeping you logged in during a browsing session.
• Third Party: These are cookies set by third parties that we use. The only third party cookies we use are for evaluating our website (we use Google Analytics for this), and those that allow you to share things on your social media sites.
• Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that are deleted when you close your browser. These are the ones that keep you logged in as you browse from page to page.
You can always delete these cookies from your computer between visits to our website if desired by accessing the setting within your web browser, or you can manage these small files yourself via your browser settings, and learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Who we are
Shrewsbury Prepatoria is a Nursery, Pre-school and school for children aged from birth to 7 years old.
Our website address is: https://shrewsburyprepatoria.co.uk.
For general information concerning the personal data we collect and why we collect it please refer to our Consent and Privacy Notice for Parents/Guardians.
Specific to our website (where appropriate):
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Please refer to our Consent and Privacy Notice for Parents/Guardians.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. For all your data rights please see our Consent and Privacy Notice for Parents/Guardians.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
For more specific GDPR details concerning the personal data we collect and why we collect it please refer to our Consent and Privacy Notice for Parents/Guardians.